Cleaning your windows is a task that no one wants to do. It is difficult to find the time to do it, and many times, it may feel like an uphill battle to get it done. Hiring a professional can really take off some of the stress of the work and will assist you in making the home look so much better. But you may still wonder how often you should get your windows cleaned to make them look nice.
Splash and Sparkle, an experienced window cleaner in High Wycombe, recommends that you should clean your residential home windows at least two times a year. If you live near a busy street or a place that has trees and other vegetation, you may need to increase this to three times a year.
For your commercial property, you may need to get it done more often, maybe once a month, to improve the curb appeal and bring in more customers. Having a professional come and take care of the windows will make a big difference.
Cleaning your windows will make your home or commercial property look new once again and can even let in more light so that the inside looks amazing. Let’s take a look at the timeline you should follow for cleaning your windows and some of the benefits of getting that cleaning done.
When Should I Clean My Windows?
Cleaning your windows on a good schedule will do wonders for improving the look of your home, both inside and out. The number of times that you need to clean the windows will really depend on where you live and whether you are dealing with a residential property or a commercial property.
When you look at the windows of your home, you may wonder whether it is time to get those windows cleaned. Most residential homes will benefit from having the windows cleaned at least two times a year. Consider doing it in early spring and then in fall to get them looking nice all year round. For those who live on a busier street with traffic or a place with trees and pollen to worry about, it may be best to up that a bit and get the work done at least three times a year.
The windows in a commercial property go through a lot of wear and tear. Customers will touch them, and since they are often in high-traffic areas, they will get messier than ever. For these commercial properties, it is often best to get the windows cleaned professionally once a month and then have employees who can go through and help touch the windows up and do another clean in between to maintain the curb appeal of your company.
The Benefits of Having Clean Windows
You will find that there are a lot of benefits to setting up a cleaning schedule to make your windows look amazing. Some of these benefits include:
- Having dirty windows does not look good from the inside or the outside of the property. When you have windows that are dirty, it will detract from some of the curb appeal of the home.
- Dirty windows, when left without any cleaning, can damage the glass. This is true, even if you don’t see a lot of dirt on it. When grime and dirt build up on the windows, it is enough to leave some scratches behind and can damage the whole glass, causing you to need to get some new windows.
- If you leave dirt and grime on the windows, it can even weaken the windows and make them worse at insulating the home. This can drive up the utility bill you need to deal with, making your home more expensive.
- The dirt and grime can also act like a filter that lets less sunlight into the home. When you clean off the windows, you will find that it really helps to brighten up the whole place and make it feel warmer.
- Regularly cleaning the outside of the windows will help protect some of the accessories that you have outside, like the window frames, flower boxes, shutters, and more. This can help them to last longer too.
You don’t have to be the one that takes all the time to clean the windows just to maintain them. There are many professional window cleaners who can set up a schedule with you and ensure that you get the best results.
Getting Your Windows Cleaned on Time
It is easy to let the task of cleaning your windows fall to the side and not get done. Before you know it, a lot of dirt and grime has built up, and you may have to spend several days to get the work done. Getting the windows cleaned on a good schedule will help avoid some of these problems, and working with a professional will help you pick the right number of times to clean everything off.